Admission to UG Courses
Admission of students to Under Graduate courses shall begin as soon as the results of Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations are declared. Candidates are instructed to apply in the prescribed format, which can be downloaded from the college website http://www.smm.ac.in . Students can seek admission to the following courses:
- Honours Program :
Subjects offered: Bengali, English, History, Political Science, Geography, Education, and Sociology.
- Programe Course :
Elective subjects offered: Elective Bengali, Elective English, History, Political Science, Geography, Sociology, Sanskrit, Economics, Philosophy, Education,
- Students admitted to the 1st Semester (2019-20) B.A Course of Siliguri Mahila Mahabidyalaya are directed to attend their respective classes from the day of commencement of class. In case they do not turn up within 10 days from the commencement of class, their admission stands cancelled.
- Anti-ragging declaration to be submitted at the College office on the day of the commencement of Class.
- Environmental Studies is compulsory for both Honours Program and Programe Course students of First Year.
- English as compulsory paper is mandatory for both Honours and Programe students of Second Year.
- Bengali/Nepali/Alt. English/Alt.Hindi as compulsory paper is mandatory for both Honours and Programe students of Third Year.
- A student may be admitted to B.A. three years Degree Course (Honours/Programe) after passing the Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) or examinations conducted by Indian School Certificate (ISC) or Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any other Board recognised as equivalent provided he/she passed in at least four subjects with English as Compulsory Subject.
- All students of Higher Secondary (Vocational) Course (10+2 levels) shall be treated as equivalent with the course curriculum and syllabus of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) w.e.f. the session 2009-10. Such students shall be admitted only in 1st Year General Course of B.A./B.Com.
The eligibility criteria as furnished by the University of North Bengal for admission to first year Regular Honours Courses are:
(i) 55% marks in the aggregate or 50% marks in the aggregate with 60% marks in the subject offered for Honours shall be eligible.
The eligibility criteria as furnished by the University of North Bengal for admission to first year Regular Honours Courses for SC/ST candidates are:
(ii) 50% marks in the aggregate or45%marks in the aggregate with 60% marks in the subject offered for Honours shall be eligible.
In the matter of eligibility to apply for admission to Honours courses 54.5%marks or above shall be treated as 55% marks, 49.5% or above shall be treated as 50% and 59.5% marks or above shall be treated as 60%.
Reservation follows as per Government rules.
Admission to Honours/General Course will be done as per merit list prepared as per the direction of the University of North Bengal. For admission in any stream the decision of the admission sub-committee is final.