ADMISSION TO THREE YEAR B.A HONOURS PROGRAMME /PROGRAMME COURSES
Admission of students to Under Graduate courses shall begin as soon as the results of Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations are declared. Admission to three year Honours Programme /Programme Course will be done as per merit list generated as per marks obtained by a candidate by following the direction of the University of North Bengal. Candidates are instructed to apply in the prescribed format, which can be downloaded from the college website http:// www.smm.ac.in Students can seek admission to the following courses:
B. A. THREE YEAR HONOURS PROGRAM:
Bengali, English, History, Political Science, Geography, Education, Sociology, Philosophy, Sanskrit and Economics.
B. A. THREE YEAR PROGRAM COURSE :
Bengali, English, History, Political Science, Geography, Sociology, Sanskrit, Economics, Philosophy, Education, Nepali, Environmental Studies, Compulsory Bengali, Compulsory English, Alternative Hindi.
During this Pandemic Situation Students admitted to the 1st Semester (2021-22) in Under Graduate Honours Programme and Programme Course of Siliguri Mahila Mahabidyalaya will be communicated through Notice(s) displayed in COLLEGE WEBSITE for ONLINE Classes and OFFLINE mode of Teaching Will also be NOTIFIED.
Students are instructed to enter their Valid Contact Number and Email ID [The number and E-Mail ID cannot be alter/change until completion of the course]. These are mandatory for Further Correspondence from College end.
SUBMISSION OF ANTI-RAGGING DECLARATION, AND PHOTOCOPIES OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE COLLEGE OFFICE FOR REGISTRATION. THE DATE OF SUBMISSION WILL BE NOTIFIED AT COLLEGE WEB-PAGE IN DUE TIME.
A student may be admitted to B.A. three years Degree Course (Honours/Programe) after passing the Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) or examinations conducted by Indian School Certificate (ISC) or Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any other Board recognised as equivalent provided he/she passed in at least four subjects with English as Compulsory Subject.
All students of Higher Secondary (Vocational) Course (10+2 levels) shall be treated as equivalent with the course curriculum and syllabus of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) w.e.f. the session 2009-10. Such students shall be admitted only in 1st Semester Programme Course.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSIONS: % of Marks:
Honours Program Course
- A student shall be allowed to take admission in the Honours Program Course of B.A. if he/ she / transgender has passed in at least four (04) subjects excluding Environmental Studies with English as compulsory subject in the Higher Secondary [10+2] Examination held by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or any other Examination which is recognized by the University as equivalent thereto
- Provided that a candidate who has obtained- (a) 55% marks in the aggregate, or (b) 50% in the aggregate with 60% marks in a subject in the last qualifying Examination shall be eligible to apply for Honours Program in that subject. Admission shall however be on merit and availability of seats.
- Provided that for SC/ST Candidates- the minimum marks for eligibility shall be as per Rules of the State Government. Provided further that in matter of eligibility 54.5% marks or above shall be equal to 55%, 49.5% and above shall be equal to 50% and 59.5 marks or above shall be equal to 60%.
- A student shall be allowed to take admission in the Program Course of B.A. /B.Sc. /B.Com. if he/ she / transgender/ trans gender has passed in at least four (04) subjects excluding Environmental Studies with English as compulsory subject in the Higher Secondary [10+2] Examination held by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or any other Examination which is recognized by the University as equivalent thereto A candidate shall be allowed to pursue B.A. / B. Sc. / B. Com Program Course if he/ she/ transgender have passed the qualifying Examination in Vocational Stream subjects.
- Provided however that
- A candidate shall be allowed to take up any subject except Computer Science, Microbiology, and such other interdisciplinary subjects in B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. Course if he/ she / transgender have passed in the corresponding subject (s) at the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) recognized as equivalent by the University.
- A candidate shall be allowed to take up Sociology, Education, Psychology as Honours Program and Program subject if he /she / transgender has passed the subjects History, Philosophy, Political Science in the previous qualifying exams.
RESERVATION OF SEATS
There will be reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/Differently Able Candidates as per Govt. Rules. For differently – able candidates minimum disability at least 40% will be considered.
Scheme for CBCS in B.A Honours Program
|Year||Semester||Discipline Specific Core Course (DSC)||Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course (AECC)||Skill Enhancement Course (SEC)||Discipline Specific Elective Course (DSE)||Generic Elective Course (GE)|
|1||1||Paper - 1||AECC-1||GE - 1Paper 1|
|Paper - 2|
|2||Paper – 3||AECC-2||GE – 1Paper - 2|
|Paper - 4|
|2||3||Paper - 5||SECPaper - 1||GE – 2Paper - 1|
|Paper - 6|
|Paper - 7|
|4||Paper - 8||SECPaper - 2||GE – 2Paper - 2|
|Paper - 9|
|Paper - 10|
|3||5||Paper - 11||DSEPaper - 1|
|Paper – 12||DSEPaper - 2|
|6||Paper – 13||DSEPaper – 3|
|Paper – 14||DSEPaper - 4|
- Students pursuing DSC in a particular subject will have to opt for SEC and DSE in the same subject
- GE Course subject must be different from DSC Course subject.
Scheme for CBCS in B.A. Program
|Year||Semester||Discipline Specific Core Course (DSC)||Language Core Course (LCC 1)||Language Core Course (LCC 2)||Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course (AECC)||Skill Enhancement Course (SEC)||Discipline Specific Elective Course (DSE)||Generic Elective Course (GE)|
|1||1||Discipline Specific Core1 (Paper-1)||Bengali / Sanskrit/ Nepali/Hindi (Paper-1)||AECC-1|
|DisciplineSpecific Core 2 (Paper-1)|
|2||DisciplineSpecific Core 1 (Paper-2)||English (Paper-1)||AECC-2|
|DisciplineSpecific Core 2 (Paper-2)|
|2||3||Discipline Specific Core1 (Paper-3)||Bengali / Sanskrit/ Nepali/Hindi (Paper-2)||SEC 1Paper-1|
|DisciplineSpecific Core 2 (Paper-3)|
|4||DisciplineSpecific Core 1 (Paper-4)||English (Paper-2)||SEC 1Paper-2|
|DisciplineSpecific Core 2 (Paper-4)|
|3||5||SEC 2Paper-1||DSE 1Paper 1||GE-1(Paper- 1)|
|DSE 2Paper 1|
|6||SEC 2Paper-2||DSE 1Paper 2||GE-1(Paper- 2)|
|DSE 2Paper 2|
- DSE 1 and SEC 1 Course subject will be the same as DSC 1 Course subject & DSE 2 and SEC 2 Course subject will be the same as DSC 2 Course subject.
- GE 1 Course subject must be different from DSC 1 and DSC 2 Course subject.
- Practical/ Tutorial: Every Discipline specific Core, Discipline Specific and Generic Elective Course will have one Practical/ Tutorial. Wherever there is a Practical, there will be no Tutorial and Vice Versa.
(The following Discipline specific Course subject and Generic Elective Course Subject combinations are to be strictly followed)
B. A. HONOURS PROGRAM COURSE (SELECT ANY ONE COURSE)
Two Generic Elective Courses (GE) to be selected as any ONE from each basket below for BA Honours Program and SEC course will be same as DSC course
|Group A||Group B|
|Modern Tibetan||Political Science|
B.A. PROGRAM COURSE
Discipline Specific Courses (DSC) and Generic Elective (GE) Course subject: Select any Three Course Subject (taking any one Course subject each from any two group as DSC and any one Course subject from remaining one group as GE of the 3 groups below and SEC course subject will be same as DSC course subject):
|Group A||Group B||Group C|